The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written
Examination on 09th October, 2011 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants
(Group A) in the Central Police Forces (CPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF),
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF),
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
1. Candidates are required to apply online (From all candidates) only by using the website http://
www.upsconline.nic.in upto 18th July 2011 till 11.59 PM. Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the abovementioned website
2. Offline (From candidates residing in specified remote areas only)
All Offline Applications from candidates residing in Remote Areas only specified in
para 6 of this Notice must reach the “Controller of Examinations, Union Public
Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110069” by
Post/Speed Post only by 25th July 2011.
The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows :
(i) BSF 111 posts
(ii) CRPF 213 posts
(iii) CISF 015 posts
(iv) ITBP 036 posts
(v) SSB 122 posts
Total: 497 posts
* Age : Not less than 20 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st August, 2011. The upper age is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories of candidates to the extent specified in the Notice.
* Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree of any recognised university or an equivalent qualification.
* Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit according to the Regulations given in notice.
* Sex : Both male and female candidates are eligible for appointment to CRPF and CISF. However, only male candidates are eligible for appointment to BSF, ITBP and SSB.
* Possession of NCC B or C Certificate will be a desirable qualification. The desirable qualifications will be given consideration at the time of Interview/ Personality Test only.
* Pay Scale : PB-3 Rs.15600-39100 grade pay Rs.5400/-
Fee: (a) Candidates applying Online (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates
who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a reduced fee of
Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) either by remitting the money in any
Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/
Master Credit/Debit Card.
(b) Candidates residing in remote areas specified in para 6 of this notice who
may apply Offline through Common Application Form (Form-E) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/-
(Rupees Two Hundred only) through a single Central Recruitment Fee Stamp.